See 5 of the worst droughts in the United States
»5 items «
The ongoing drought in the United States has ties to La Nina, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists say. La Nina is a weather pattern that consists of an abnormal cooling of the Pacific Ocean that brings dry conditions to the southwestern United States and Mexico. La Nina has been linked to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the dry spells in the Southwest of the 1950s and the drought from 1998-2002. See 5 of the worst droughts in the United States.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 89
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 63
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 48
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 29
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25