See 5 of the worst droughts in the United States
»5 items «
The ongoing drought in the United States has ties to La Nina, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists say. La Nina is a weather pattern that consists of an abnormal cooling of the Pacific Ocean that brings dry conditions to the southwestern United States and Mexico. La Nina has been linked to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the dry spells in the Southwest of the 1950s and the drought from 1998-2002. See 5 of the worst droughts in the United States.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge of...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Wright Words: What do you tell a prospective...
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 25
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 16
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 13
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11
- Democrats eye 15 cities for 2016... 10
- Vegas’ water drying up 9