See 5 of the worst droughts in the United States
»5 items «
The ongoing drought in the United States has ties to La Nina, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists say. La Nina is a weather pattern that consists of an abnormal cooling of the Pacific Ocean that brings dry conditions to the southwestern United States and Mexico. La Nina has been linked to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the dry spells in the Southwest of the 1950s and the drought from 1998-2002. See 5 of the worst droughts in the United States.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- Aid pours in amid aftershocks after Nepal...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Same-sex marriage opponents urge... 37
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP... 30
- House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to... 29
- Obama sounds alarm on climate damage in... 27
- Yellowstone supervolcano is super big,... 24
- American, Italian hostages killed in US... 22
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 12