See 5 of the worst droughts in the United States
»5 items «
The ongoing drought in the United States has ties to La Nina, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists say. La Nina is a weather pattern that consists of an abnormal cooling of the Pacific Ocean that brings dry conditions to the southwestern United States and Mexico. La Nina has been linked to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the dry spells in the Southwest of the 1950s and the drought from 1998-2002. See 5 of the worst droughts in the United States.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS university president receives national...
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on House to...
- Gov. Herbert: 'Let chips go where they... 70
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- Photo gallery: 'Birdman' takes flight... 26
- President Obama says he's committed to... 19
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 17
- For Clinton, her family foundation may... 16
- Obama to governors: DHS shutdown would... 16
- Clinton says she would push... 16