See 5 areas being hit by the drought in the United States
»5 items «
The ongoing drought in the United States has ties to La Nina, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists say. La Nina is a weather pattern that consists of an abnormal cooling of the Pacific Ocean that brings dry conditions to the southwestern United States and Mexico. La Nina has been linked to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the dry spells in the Southwest of the 1950s and the drought from 1998-2002. See 5 areas being hit by the drought in the United States.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- New mission presidents
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws passes Danny Ainge for...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 80
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 61
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 36
- Attorney General nominee picks up... 14
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11
- Keystone XL pipeline wins Senate vote... 10
- White House grapples with fraught... 10