See 5 areas being hit by the drought in the United States
»5 items «
The ongoing drought in the United States has ties to La Nina, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists say. La Nina is a weather pattern that consists of an abnormal cooling of the Pacific Ocean that brings dry conditions to the southwestern United States and Mexico. La Nina has been linked to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the dry spells in the Southwest of the 1950s and the drought from 1998-2002. See 5 areas being hit by the drought in the United States.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- General manager Dennis Lindsey feels Utah...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Family of scholars: Utah family celebrates...
- NBA draft: Weber State's Joel Bolomboy...
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor about an...
- LDS family stars in new TLC show, stresses...
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe than...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 73
- Mormon youth leader dies on trek outing... 70
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Dems stage election-year sit-in on... 46
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 42
- Democrats end 25-hour plus protest to... 30
- Chaffetz: I'm going to be 'kid in a... 29