See 5 areas being hit by the drought in the United States
»5 items «
The ongoing drought in the United States has ties to La Nina, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists say. La Nina is a weather pattern that consists of an abnormal cooling of the Pacific Ocean that brings dry conditions to the southwestern United States and Mexico. La Nina has been linked to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the dry spells in the Southwest of the 1950s and the drought from 1998-2002. See 5 areas being hit by the drought in the United States.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters BYU's...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to avoid...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 30
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 24
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 24
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 17