See 5 areas being hit by the drought in the United States
»5 items «
The ongoing drought in the United States has ties to La Nina, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration meteorologists say. La Nina is a weather pattern that consists of an abnormal cooling of the Pacific Ocean that brings dry conditions to the southwestern United States and Mexico. La Nina has been linked to the Dust Bowl of the 1930s, the dry spells in the Southwest of the 1950s and the drought from 1998-2002. See 5 areas being hit by the drought in the United States.
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal, 'has...
- Is your financial house in order? 10...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 30
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 12
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- Census: Number of Americans on public... 9
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 9
- Administration asks skeptical judge to... 8