A look at Paul Ryan's 'Path to Prosperity'
»5 items «
As House Budget Committee chairman, Paul Ryan, R-Wis., has won GOP approval in the chamber for his "Path to Prosperity," a fiscal blueprint that would reshape federal spending and taxing policies in an effort to reduce U.S. debt. The measure, which the House passed earlier this year on a 228-191 vote, called for major changes to Medicare, deep cuts in low-income programs such as food stamps and Medicaid, repeal of the new health care law and lower tax rates for individuals and corporations. The measure did not pass the Democratic-controlled Senate. The proposals have been highly controversial and have come under harsh attack from Democrats — and are expected to be a key angle of attack now that Ryan will be on the GOP ticket. Here is a look at some of the key provisions of Ryan's plan:
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- New mission presidents
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
Most Commented Across Site
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 157
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 88
- Democrats blast Rudy Giuliani for... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- Letter: America needs change 61