A look at Paul Ryan's 'Path to Prosperity'
»5 items «
As House Budget Committee chairman, Paul Ryan, R-Wis., has won GOP approval in the chamber for his "Path to Prosperity," a fiscal blueprint that would reshape federal spending and taxing policies in an effort to reduce U.S. debt. The measure, which the House passed earlier this year on a 228-191 vote, called for major changes to Medicare, deep cuts in low-income programs such as food stamps and Medicaid, repeal of the new health care law and lower tax rates for individuals and corporations. The measure did not pass the Democratic-controlled Senate. The proposals have been highly controversial and have come under harsh attack from Democrats — and are expected to be a key angle of attack now that Ryan will be on the GOP ticket. Here is a look at some of the key provisions of Ryan's plan:
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- The first sign your marriage is in trouble
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- LDS missionaries leave Burundi
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces...
Most Commented Across Site
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 127
- Drew Clark: Can the state really force... 80
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 79
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 52
- Letter: Increase education spending 51