A look at Paul Ryan's 'Path to Prosperity'
»5 items «
As House Budget Committee chairman, Paul Ryan, R-Wis., has won GOP approval in the chamber for his "Path to Prosperity," a fiscal blueprint that would reshape federal spending and taxing policies in an effort to reduce U.S. debt. The measure, which the House passed earlier this year on a 228-191 vote, called for major changes to Medicare, deep cuts in low-income programs such as food stamps and Medicaid, repeal of the new health care law and lower tax rates for individuals and corporations. The measure did not pass the Democratic-controlled Senate. The proposals have been highly controversial and have come under harsh attack from Democrats — and are expected to be a key angle of attack now that Ryan will be on the GOP ticket. Here is a look at some of the key provisions of Ryan's plan:
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
Most Commented Across Site
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 96
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 93
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74