A look at Paul Ryan's 'Path to Prosperity'
»5 items «
As House Budget Committee chairman, Paul Ryan, R-Wis., has won GOP approval in the chamber for his "Path to Prosperity," a fiscal blueprint that would reshape federal spending and taxing policies in an effort to reduce U.S. debt. The measure, which the House passed earlier this year on a 228-191 vote, called for major changes to Medicare, deep cuts in low-income programs such as food stamps and Medicaid, repeal of the new health care law and lower tax rates for individuals and corporations. The measure did not pass the Democratic-controlled Senate. The proposals have been highly controversial and have come under harsh attack from Democrats — and are expected to be a key angle of attack now that Ryan will be on the GOP ticket. Here is a look at some of the key provisions of Ryan's plan:
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response for...
- New mission presidents
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney challenging...
- New temple presidents
- Tips & Tricks: 6 reasons you may be getting...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Doug Robinson: $280M UCLA deal breaks record,...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
Most Commented Across Site
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 85
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 65
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 53
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50