A look at Paul Ryan's 'Path to Prosperity'
»5 items «
As House Budget Committee chairman, Paul Ryan, R-Wis., has won GOP approval in the chamber for his "Path to Prosperity," a fiscal blueprint that would reshape federal spending and taxing policies in an effort to reduce U.S. debt. The measure, which the House passed earlier this year on a 228-191 vote, called for major changes to Medicare, deep cuts in low-income programs such as food stamps and Medicaid, repeal of the new health care law and lower tax rates for individuals and corporations. The measure did not pass the Democratic-controlled Senate. The proposals have been highly controversial and have come under harsh attack from Democrats — and are expected to be a key angle of attack now that Ryan will be on the GOP ticket. Here is a look at some of the key provisions of Ryan's plan:
»5 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Writers offer personal finance advice to Obama
- High school track: Ogden's Sarah Feeny breaks...
Most Commented Across Site
- Dan Liljenquist: Chaffetz's search for... 78
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Letters: Gun logical fallacies 64
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 60
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 59
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 56