Real Salt Lake vs. Vancouver Whitecaps Report Card
Nick Rimando (GK) »2 of 15 «
Coming off his fine performance last week against Colorado, Nick seemed to still be in the zone. His distribution, once again, was near perfect. Vancouver's 3-forward attack tested him a number of times, the scariest came when Nick held a ball at his feet a moment too long and Vancouver's Darren Mattocks met his eventual kick mid-air, deflecting it dangerously close to the right post. Mattocks pestered Nick all night long with his speed and impeccable timing and finally beat him in the 52nd minute to equalize. Nick held strong the rest of the match, adding 2 more saves to his stat-sheet and sending perhaps the best ball out of the box all year, that found Javier Morales 3/4 of the way down the field glued to the sideline, where he was able to bring it down in one touch and send it to a waiting Alvaro Saborio who came close to completing his second hat trick of the year.
»2 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?