What is the most charitable city in the U.S.? See if yours made the list
»50 items «
Some cities are very stingy with their money. But some are extremely giving. Here's a list of the 50 most charitable areas in the U.S. by ZIP code, according to Deseret News analysis. The analysis is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent data available. The rankings are based on the areas that donate the largest percentage of their adjusted gross incomes to charities. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»50 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air... 4
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason... 1
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should... 1