What is the most charitable city in the U.S.? See if yours made the list
»50 items «
Some cities are very stingy with their money. But some are extremely giving. Here's a list of the 50 most charitable areas in the U.S. by ZIP code, according to Deseret News analysis. The analysis is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent data available. The rankings are based on the areas that donate the largest percentage of their adjusted gross incomes to charities. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»50 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- New mission presidents
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Obama's proposed mandatory paid... 13
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9
- Obama pitches his economic plan to... 6