What is the most charitable city in the U.S.? See if yours made the list
»50 items «
Some cities are very stingy with their money. But some are extremely giving. Here's a list of the 50 most charitable areas in the U.S. by ZIP code, according to Deseret News analysis. The analysis is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent data available. The rankings are based on the areas that donate the largest percentage of their adjusted gross incomes to charities. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»50 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 16
- Obama shows his funny side while... 13
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 7
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4
- For women, lower grades might mean more... 2
- Small town residents: Chevron pizza... 1