What is the most charitable city in the U.S.? See if yours made the list
»50 items «
Some cities are very stingy with their money. But some are extremely giving. Here's a list of the 50 most charitable areas in the U.S. by ZIP code, according to Deseret News analysis. The analysis is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent data available. The rankings are based on the areas that donate the largest percentage of their adjusted gross incomes to charities. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»50 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire, Mormon...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- ‘Blood moon’ sets off apocalyptic...
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- Popular comedian takes on Common Core 8
- Do we work too much, or too little? 5
- Balancing act: French ban on... 5
- Striking a balance: Moab's future... 4
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- How much does President Obama donate to... 4