What is the most charitable city in the U.S.? See if yours made the list
»50 items «
Some cities are very stingy with their money. But some are extremely giving. Here's a list of the 50 most charitable areas in the U.S. by ZIP code, according to Deseret News analysis. The analysis is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent data available. The rankings are based on the areas that donate the largest percentage of their adjusted gross incomes to charities. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»50 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Deseret News previews of all 103 varsity...
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Watch: LDS bishop featured in 'Meet the...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 6
- Twitter tries to block images of James... 5
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 5
- A tough label to chew on: What does... 4
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4