The cost of fire: See which Utah fire took $13.3 million to extinguish
»34 items «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Fires rage in Utah, and firefighters work to save lives and homes from the blazes. But it comes as at a cost. The following is a ranking of the biggest fires in Utah history based on how much money it took to suppress the fire. The data comes from the Bureau of Land Management. Suppression costs for the Late fire, which occurred in Juab County on Aug 15, 2002, were unavailable. The 354 acre fire was excluded from the list due to the unavailable data. For current information on fires in Utah, visit Fire Watch 2012
»34 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Traditional marriage supporters want... 84
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Lawmaker pledges to run bill changing... 36
- Democrats challenge Mia Love's... 36
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 31
- Federal government extends same-sex... 26
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 22
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21