The cost of fire: See which Utah fire took $13.3 million to extinguish
»34 items «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Fires rage in Utah, and firefighters work to save lives and homes from the blazes. But it comes as at a cost. The following is a ranking of the biggest fires in Utah history based on how much money it took to suppress the fire. The data comes from the Bureau of Land Management. Suppression costs for the Late fire, which occurred in Juab County on Aug 15, 2002, were unavailable. The 354 acre fire was excluded from the list due to the unavailable data. For current information on fires in Utah, visit Fire Watch 2012
»34 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Ranking the best season by a running back in...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26