The cost of fire: See which Utah fire took $13.3 million to extinguish
»34 items «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Fires rage in Utah, and firefighters work to save lives and homes from the blazes. But it comes as at a cost. The following is a ranking of the biggest fires in Utah history based on how much money it took to suppress the fire. The data comes from the Bureau of Land Management. Suppression costs for the Late fire, which occurred in Juab County on Aug 15, 2002, were unavailable. The 354 acre fire was excluded from the list due to the unavailable data. For current information on fires in Utah, visit Fire Watch 2012
»34 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 20
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12