The cost of fire: See which Utah fire took $13.3 million to extinguish
»34 items «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Fires rage in Utah, and firefighters work to save lives and homes from the blazes. But it comes as at a cost. The following is a ranking of the biggest fires in Utah history based on how much money it took to suppress the fire. The data comes from the Bureau of Land Management. Suppression costs for the Late fire, which occurred in Juab County on Aug 15, 2002, were unavailable. The 354 acre fire was excluded from the list due to the unavailable data. For current information on fires in Utah, visit Fire Watch 2012
»34 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: Nike designing a shoe...
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- The Book of Mormon is a 'miraculous miracle,'...
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback? Hill?...
- Lessons learned from 1996 season still ring...
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him to...
- Teen charged as adult with murdering 2 in...
- Dickey's files federal lawsuit in... 9
- Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote... 8
- Community leaders share growth... 5
- Gap between Salt Lake renters, owners... 3
- Volkswagen settles emissions-cheating... 3
- Allegiant Air adding flights from Provo... 3
- Tesla wants to be the ultimate... 2
- Millennials are sparking the next... 2