Main players in the Penn State scandal
Role: Former assistant football coach and founder of The Second Mile charity for children, convicted of molesting boys over a 15-year period.
Background: Arrested in November after a long investigation by a statewide grand jury. He had been a successful defensive coach for the Nittany Lions for 30 years, and prosecutors say he used his fame in the community to attract victims.
Charges: Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault of a young child, unlawful contact with minors, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of children.
Status: Sandusky was found guilty of 45 of 48 counts. The judge ordered him to be taken to the county jail to await sentencing in about three months. He faces the possibility of life in prison.
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- Journalists criticize Obama... 37
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22