Main players in the Penn State scandal
Role: Former assistant football coach and founder of The Second Mile charity for children, convicted of molesting boys over a 15-year period.
Background: Arrested in November after a long investigation by a statewide grand jury. He had been a successful defensive coach for the Nittany Lions for 30 years, and prosecutors say he used his fame in the community to attract victims.
Charges: Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault of a young child, unlawful contact with minors, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of children.
Status: Sandusky was found guilty of 45 of 48 counts. The judge ordered him to be taken to the county jail to await sentencing in about three months. He faces the possibility of life in prison.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 48
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 31
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 12
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8