List of most memorable TV moments
»20 items «
The Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attack is by far the most memorable moment shared by television viewers during the past 50 years, a study released on Wednesday concluded. The only thing that came close was President John F. Kennedy's assassination and its aftermath in 1963, but that was only for the people aged 55 and over who experienced those events as they happened instead of replayed as an historical artifact. Sony Electronics and the Nielsen television research company collaborated on the survey. They ranked TV moments for their impact not just by asking people if they remembered watching them, but if they recalled where they watched it, who they were with and whether they talked to other people about what they had seen. Following is a list of the top 20 events from the survey. Read a story on the survey here.
»20 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22