10 influential women in U.S. politics
Nancy Pelosi »2 of 10 «
Nancy Pelosi spent 25 years as the representative for California's 28th Congressional District before becoming the Democratic leader of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 112th Congress. She was subsequently elected as the first woman in history to serve as Speaker of the House of Representatives and is considered to be the highest ranking female politician in U.S. history. As a heavily left-leaning Democrat, Pelosi has tried to focus much of her efforts on economic issues, although she has drawn attention for her perspectives on civil liberties, abortion and LGBT rights, as well.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior is Born'...
- BYU-USU video: 5 plays that turned the game...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- New MTC presidents
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 40
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 39
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 32
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 25
- Official says gunman made 'no more baby... 23
- Planned Parenthood under fire literally... 14
- 'No more baby parts': Reclusive... 14
- Local free community college plans may... 7