10 influential women in U.S. politics
Nancy Pelosi »2 of 10 «
Nancy Pelosi spent 25 years as the representative for California's 28th Congressional District before becoming the Democratic leader of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 112th Congress. She was subsequently elected as the first woman in history to serve as Speaker of the House of Representatives and is considered to be the highest ranking female politician in U.S. history. As a heavily left-leaning Democrat, Pelosi has tried to focus much of her efforts on economic issues, although she has drawn attention for her perspectives on civil liberties, abortion and LGBT rights, as well.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- New mission presidents
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 84
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 28
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 20
- Idaho has 22 breeding wolf pairs, an... 12
- Religious response to postponed... 12
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 11
- VP Joe Biden: More access to higher ed... 10
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 10