10 influential women in U.S. politics
Nancy Pelosi »2 of 10 «
Nancy Pelosi spent 25 years as the representative for California's 28th Congressional District before becoming the Democratic leader of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 112th Congress. She was subsequently elected as the first woman in history to serve as Speaker of the House of Representatives and is considered to be the highest ranking female politician in U.S. history. As a heavily left-leaning Democrat, Pelosi has tried to focus much of her efforts on economic issues, although she has drawn attention for her perspectives on civil liberties, abortion and LGBT rights, as well.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new walk-on...
- Red and blue recruits: A first look at...
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that sparked...
- Man dies in head-on collision after truck...
- Tyler Haws' NBA dream path takes a detour to...
- LDS Church releases statement after vandals...
- BYU coaches happy about development of...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 55
- Trump starts new media feud with... 36
- Bernie Sanders takes aim at 'greedy'... 33
- What keeps teachers from staying in the... 32
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 27
- USC's Steve Sarkisian apologizes for... 17
- US stocks pare losses after 1,000-point... 15
- Trump says he's proud he booted... 14