10 influential women in U.S. politics
Nancy Pelosi »2 of 10 «
Nancy Pelosi spent 25 years as the representative for California's 28th Congressional District before becoming the Democratic leader of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 112th Congress. She was subsequently elected as the first woman in history to serve as Speaker of the House of Representatives and is considered to be the highest ranking female politician in U.S. history. As a heavily left-leaning Democrat, Pelosi has tried to focus much of her efforts on economic issues, although she has drawn attention for her perspectives on civil liberties, abortion and LGBT rights, as well.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 19
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 19
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 13
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians 9
- Former Secretary of State Hillary... 6