10 influential women in U.S. politics
Nancy Pelosi »2 of 10 «
Nancy Pelosi spent 25 years as the representative for California's 28th Congressional District before becoming the Democratic leader of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 112th Congress. She was subsequently elected as the first woman in history to serve as Speaker of the House of Representatives and is considered to be the highest ranking female politician in U.S. history. As a heavily left-leaning Democrat, Pelosi has tried to focus much of her efforts on economic issues, although she has drawn attention for her perspectives on civil liberties, abortion and LGBT rights, as well.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 27
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20