Pioneer Day celebrations throughout Utah
»28 items «
Deseret News archives
Although July 24th is a celebration of the anniversary of the day the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley in 1847, the festivities held around the state of Utah are full of fun for everyone. While many cities and towns celebrate with the typical parade and fireworks, several other towns have their own long-standing traditions that are unexpected, but exciting all the same. The following is a list of just some of the festivities and Pioneer Day celebrations in Utah. For more information about events in your area visit your local city website. Also visit: DaysOf27.com, EnjoyUtah.org and TheCityCafe. To see other festivals going on in the month of July, visit: 2012 Summer Festivals around the state of Utah in July.
»28 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 94
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 77
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 35
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 23