Pioneer Day celebrations throughout Utah
»28 items «
Deseret News archives
Although July 24th is a celebration of the anniversary of the day the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley in 1847, the festivities held around the state of Utah are full of fun for everyone. While many cities and towns celebrate with the typical parade and fireworks, several other towns have their own long-standing traditions that are unexpected, but exciting all the same. The following is a list of just some of the festivities and Pioneer Day celebrations in Utah. For more information about events in your area visit your local city website. Also visit: DaysOf27.com, EnjoyUtah.org and TheCityCafe. To see other festivals going on in the month of July, visit: 2012 Summer Festivals around the state of Utah in July.
»28 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 16
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16