Pioneer Day celebrations throughout Utah
»28 items «
Deseret News archives
Although July 24th is a celebration of the anniversary of the day the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley in 1847, the festivities held around the state of Utah are full of fun for everyone. While many cities and towns celebrate with the typical parade and fireworks, several other towns have their own long-standing traditions that are unexpected, but exciting all the same. The following is a list of just some of the festivities and Pioneer Day celebrations in Utah. For more information about events in your area visit your local city website. Also visit: DaysOf27.com, EnjoyUtah.org and TheCityCafe. To see other festivals going on in the month of July, visit: 2012 Summer Festivals around the state of Utah in July.
»28 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 111
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 106
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 88
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 50
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 30
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 27