Pioneer Day celebrations throughout Utah
»28 items «
Deseret News archives
Although July 24th is a celebration of the anniversary of the day the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley in 1847, the festivities held around the state of Utah are full of fun for everyone. While many cities and towns celebrate with the typical parade and fireworks, several other towns have their own long-standing traditions that are unexpected, but exciting all the same. The following is a list of just some of the festivities and Pioneer Day celebrations in Utah. For more information about events in your area visit your local city website. Also visit: DaysOf27.com, EnjoyUtah.org and TheCityCafe. To see other festivals going on in the month of July, visit: 2012 Summer Festivals around the state of Utah in July.
»28 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Funeral services for Sister Frances J. Monson...
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 21
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16