Working through the chaos: How firefighters tackle wildfires
»30 items «
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Smoke plumes over the mountains as some of Utah’s largest wildfires rage on. Firefighters work long hours with little rest to protect homes endangered by fire. Amid the chaos of wildfires that toe the perimeters of residential areas, how do firefighters maintain control? Check out this extended gallery that illustrates some of the dangers firefighters face, the techniques they use to control the destruction and terms used in wildfire situations. Firefighters operate under a series of procedures to keep order in emergency situations and, ultimately, work to protect the lives and property of those they serve. These operating procedures are in place to manage everything from firefighters and equipment to finances and logistics.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Two Utah schools under federal investigation...
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term solution?...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one of the...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- LDS Church moves volunteers from Turkey to...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 44
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 42
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 39
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 26