Working through the chaos: How firefighters tackle wildfires
»30 items «
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Smoke plumes over the mountains as some of Utah’s largest wildfires rage on. Firefighters work long hours with little rest to protect homes endangered by fire. Amid the chaos of wildfires that toe the perimeters of residential areas, how do firefighters maintain control? Check out this extended gallery that illustrates some of the dangers firefighters face, the techniques they use to control the destruction and terms used in wildfire situations. Firefighters operate under a series of procedures to keep order in emergency situations and, ultimately, work to protect the lives and property of those they serve. These operating procedures are in place to manage everything from firefighters and equipment to finances and logistics.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 106
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 105
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 26