Working through the chaos: How firefighters tackle wildfires
»30 items «
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Smoke plumes over the mountains as some of Utah’s largest wildfires rage on. Firefighters work long hours with little rest to protect homes endangered by fire. Amid the chaos of wildfires that toe the perimeters of residential areas, how do firefighters maintain control? Check out this extended gallery that illustrates some of the dangers firefighters face, the techniques they use to control the destruction and terms used in wildfire situations. Firefighters operate under a series of procedures to keep order in emergency situations and, ultimately, work to protect the lives and property of those they serve. These operating procedures are in place to manage everything from firefighters and equipment to finances and logistics.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response for...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Richard Norby released from hospital, returns...
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer, conversion,...
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back —...
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call for...
- Mission boundary realignments in Idaho
- Anti-Trump protests turn violent... 47
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 42
- Clinton faulted on emails by State... 37
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Delegates in hand, Trump says he's got... 33
- Obama: World leaders rightfully... 29
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 17
- 'A world without nuclear... 16