Working through the chaos: How firefighters tackle wildfires
»30 items «
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Smoke plumes over the mountains as some of Utah’s largest wildfires rage on. Firefighters work long hours with little rest to protect homes endangered by fire. Amid the chaos of wildfires that toe the perimeters of residential areas, how do firefighters maintain control? Check out this extended gallery that illustrates some of the dangers firefighters face, the techniques they use to control the destruction and terms used in wildfire situations. Firefighters operate under a series of procedures to keep order in emergency situations and, ultimately, work to protect the lives and property of those they serve. These operating procedures are in place to manage everything from firefighters and equipment to finances and logistics.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists to...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 30
- Bureau of Land Management to pursue... 22
- Report projects health law's subsidies... 21
- 'Obamacare' under attack as... 14
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 14
- Kathleen Sebelius: Health care launch... 10
- Judge set to issue key Ohio gay... 10