Working through the chaos: How firefighters tackle wildfires
»30 items «
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Smoke plumes over the mountains as some of Utah’s largest wildfires rage on. Firefighters work long hours with little rest to protect homes endangered by fire. Amid the chaos of wildfires that toe the perimeters of residential areas, how do firefighters maintain control? Check out this extended gallery that illustrates some of the dangers firefighters face, the techniques they use to control the destruction and terms used in wildfire situations. Firefighters operate under a series of procedures to keep order in emergency situations and, ultimately, work to protect the lives and property of those they serve. These operating procedures are in place to manage everything from firefighters and equipment to finances and logistics.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- New mission presidents
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 29
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quits 2016 GOP... 12
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 10
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl... 9
- In a U.S. divided on gun control,... 8
- Did the media gloat over Trump's Iowa... 8
- It's official: Clinton wins Iowa,... 6