Working through the chaos: How firefighters tackle wildfires
»30 items «
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Smoke plumes over the mountains as some of Utah’s largest wildfires rage on. Firefighters work long hours with little rest to protect homes endangered by fire. Amid the chaos of wildfires that toe the perimeters of residential areas, how do firefighters maintain control? Check out this extended gallery that illustrates some of the dangers firefighters face, the techniques they use to control the destruction and terms used in wildfire situations. Firefighters operate under a series of procedures to keep order in emergency situations and, ultimately, work to protect the lives and property of those they serve. These operating procedures are in place to manage everything from firefighters and equipment to finances and logistics.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 33
- For the first time in American history,... 28
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 20
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Obama back at White House after summer... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 13
- Streets of Ferguson stay calm after... 11