The worst fires in American history
»22 items «
Utah and Colorado have been burning for much of the summer, charring about 360,000 acres in Utah and over 219,000 in Colorado this year, according to the National Interagency Fire Center. The National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, Idaho, which coordinates wildfire-fighting efforts nationwide, said 45 large fires were burning Wednesday, including 36 fires in nine Western states, according to the Associated Press. But how do these blazes compare to wildfires in the past? Here's a list of the biggest wildfires in the history of the U.S., according to the NIFC.
»22 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Police locate West Point teen called 'person...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- US companies challenging contraception... 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6