Supreme Court justices voice their opinions in the health care ruling
»9 items «
The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the individual mandate of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act with a 5-4 decision, saying the individual mandate was the equivalent of a tax and it was not its role to strike down imposition of a tax. That means that individuals will be required to buy health insurance or face financial penalties. The majority held that the law's Medicaid expansion is constitutional, but said only the expansion money could be withheld from states that did not want to participate; the federal government could not withhold other Medicaid funding. Read reporter Lois M. Collins' full story about the health care ruling here.
»9 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 22
- California orders churches, others to... 19
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 16
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8