Real Salt Lake vs. San Jose Earthquakes Report Card
Nick Rimando (GK) »2 of 15 «
Call me a traditionalist, but I'm not a fan of goalies keeping possession for more than a touch or two outside the box. Landon Donovan burned Rimando outside the box when LA was in town Wednesday night, so I didn't expect to see it this game, but there he was, first five minutes, four or five touches outside the 18. Good thing nobody was near. His first serious challenge came in the 40th minute when Steven Lenhart fired a rocket near post that Nick was perfectly positioned to save. He was seriously tested five times in the second half and came up short on two very good shots on goal by Alan Gordon and Chris Wondolowski who both did well to beat their defenders and use them to shield their intentions from Nick until it was too late.
»2 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...