9 misquoted Bible phrases
"The Lord works in mysterious ways." »2 of 9 «
This particular phrase is not found anywhere in the Bible, although it is often misquoted as being a Bible verse. There are several ideas about where this saying grew from, one being a hymn written by William Cowper in the 19th century that says, "God moves in a mysterious ways; His wonders to perform; He plans His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm." There are several verses that may seem to allude to this idea as well, including Romans 11:33: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (KJV)
»2 of 9 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 19
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 14
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 13
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 5