9 misquoted Bible phrases
"The Lord works in mysterious ways." »2 of 9 «
This particular phrase is not found anywhere in the Bible, although it is often misquoted as being a Bible verse. There are several ideas about where this saying grew from, one being a hymn written by William Cowper in the 19th century that says, "God moves in a mysterious ways; His wonders to perform; He plans His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm." There are several verses that may seem to allude to this idea as well, including Romans 11:33: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (KJV)
»2 of 9 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Mormon mom, Mrs. Mexico, sticks to her...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill doesn't...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 87
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its... 86
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- Catholic high school teacher fired... 16
- Defending the Faith: The collective... 16
- Putin defends Russian conservative values 13
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 13