9 misquoted Bible phrases
"The Lord works in mysterious ways." »2 of 9 «
This particular phrase is not found anywhere in the Bible, although it is often misquoted as being a Bible verse. There are several ideas about where this saying grew from, one being a hymn written by William Cowper in the 19th century that says, "God moves in a mysterious ways; His wonders to perform; He plans His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm." There are several verses that may seem to allude to this idea as well, including Romans 11:33: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (KJV)
»2 of 9 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 98
- Ask Angela: LDS women have unrealistic... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- When Satan steals your motherhood 38
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to... 35
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 33
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to... 32
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24