Real Salt Lake vs. Los Angeles Galaxy Report Card
»15 items «
Real Salt Lake came out on fire Wednesday night, going up 2 goals and seemingly taking the wind out of LA's sails. But games cannot be won on 30 minutes of excellent play, it takes a full 90+ and Real didn't give it. “Yeah, that’s my strong feeling that those two goals came so easily that the guys thought this was going to be a cake walk," said RSL coach Jason Kreis. "And because of that, really let their foot off the gas and took a long time to recover from that.” The game was lost on errant back line play with a poor back pass from Tony Beltran setting up a Landon Donovan goal and Jamison Olave's poor trap giving Mike McGee a tough, but obviously makable chance at goal. Donovan scored a second goal (3rd for LA) in the 68th minute to put LA up for good and even though Bruce Arena packed his 18-yard box with defenders the rest of the night, RSL still found room to work with but couldn't muster one of their patented final minute home goals, blowing a 2-goal lead for the first time in franchise history and giving LA the 3-2 victory.
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20