Real Salt Lake vs. Los Angeles Galaxy Report Card
»15 items «
Real Salt Lake came out on fire Wednesday night, going up 2 goals and seemingly taking the wind out of LA's sails. But games cannot be won on 30 minutes of excellent play, it takes a full 90+ and Real didn't give it. “Yeah, that’s my strong feeling that those two goals came so easily that the guys thought this was going to be a cake walk," said RSL coach Jason Kreis. "And because of that, really let their foot off the gas and took a long time to recover from that.” The game was lost on errant back line play with a poor back pass from Tony Beltran setting up a Landon Donovan goal and Jamison Olave's poor trap giving Mike McGee a tough, but obviously makable chance at goal. Donovan scored a second goal (3rd for LA) in the 68th minute to put LA up for good and even though Bruce Arena packed his 18-yard box with defenders the rest of the night, RSL still found room to work with but couldn't muster one of their patented final minute home goals, blowing a 2-goal lead for the first time in franchise history and giving LA the 3-2 victory.
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33