Real Salt Lake vs. Los Angeles Galaxy Report Card
»15 items «
Real Salt Lake came out on fire Wednesday night, going up 2 goals and seemingly taking the wind out of LA's sails. But games cannot be won on 30 minutes of excellent play, it takes a full 90+ and Real didn't give it. “Yeah, that’s my strong feeling that those two goals came so easily that the guys thought this was going to be a cake walk," said RSL coach Jason Kreis. "And because of that, really let their foot off the gas and took a long time to recover from that.” The game was lost on errant back line play with a poor back pass from Tony Beltran setting up a Landon Donovan goal and Jamison Olave's poor trap giving Mike McGee a tough, but obviously makable chance at goal. Donovan scored a second goal (3rd for LA) in the 68th minute to put LA up for good and even though Bruce Arena packed his 18-yard box with defenders the rest of the night, RSL still found room to work with but couldn't muster one of their patented final minute home goals, blowing a 2-goal lead for the first time in franchise history and giving LA the 3-2 victory.
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28