»9 items «
Editor’s note: Former “American Idol” contestant Carmen Rasmusen Herbert writes about her favorite entertainers in her column “What I Love About … ” Read her weekly blog online at DeseretNews.com. One of the most frequent questions I get as a former “American Idol” contestant is, “Do you still keep in touch with other contestants who were on the show?” The answer is, yes and no. I don’t really call any of my “Idol” friends on a regular basis, but between attending “Idol finales” in Los Angeles, doing shows in Branson, Mo., “Idol” camps in Maine, and appearing on several entertainment shows every now and again, I see lots of other top 10 finalists whom I’ve become acquainted with. And even though we don’t sit at each other’s houses and chat for hours (although I have with some), I’ve formed a special bond with these people — the only ones in the world who know what it’s like to be emotionally slashed by Simon Cowell. So, in anticipation of the 10th season of “American Idol,” which starts Jan. 19, I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite fellow “Idols” from seasons past.
»9 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 2
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 1