30 companies the Obama administration invested in with Dept. of Energy loans
»30 items «
Two different economic philosophies are facing off in the 2012 presidential election as President Barack Obama seeks to portray challenger Mitt Romney as a corporate raider, and Romney seeks to define Obama as someone who doesn't understand how business works. President Obama has criticized Romney's work as a venture capitalist, highlighting companies such as AMPAD, Dade, GST Steel, and Stage on his website. In turn, Romney has criticized Obama's record in giving loans to companies like Solyndra. Here is a breakdown of 30 projects the government invested in under the Obama administration's clean energy loans program. The information from this list is taken from lpo.energy.gov, and focuses on loans made under the Section 1705 Loan Program, the Section 1703 Loan Program and the ATVM Loan Program. The numbers listed on each slide are taken from the government's figures and recent news reports. Related: To see a list of 30 investments Mitt Romney was a part of while working at Bain Capital, click here.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 35
- For the first time in American history,... 28
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 21
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 16
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Obama back at White House after summer... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13