30 companies the Obama administration invested in with Dept. of Energy loans
»30 items «
Two different economic philosophies are facing off in the 2012 presidential election as President Barack Obama seeks to portray challenger Mitt Romney as a corporate raider, and Romney seeks to define Obama as someone who doesn't understand how business works. President Obama has criticized Romney's work as a venture capitalist, highlighting companies such as AMPAD, Dade, GST Steel, and Stage on his website. In turn, Romney has criticized Obama's record in giving loans to companies like Solyndra. Here is a breakdown of 30 projects the government invested in under the Obama administration's clean energy loans program. The information from this list is taken from lpo.energy.gov, and focuses on loans made under the Section 1705 Loan Program, the Section 1703 Loan Program and the ATVM Loan Program. The numbers listed on each slide are taken from the government's figures and recent news reports. Related: To see a list of 30 investments Mitt Romney was a part of while working at Bain Capital, click here.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No. 23 in...
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Parents are short changing their girls... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Prosecutor: Plant owner OK'd tainted... 1
- 4 Reasons shoppers will shrug off Home... 1