30 companies the Obama administration invested in with Dept. of Energy loans
»30 items «
Two different economic philosophies are facing off in the 2012 presidential election as President Barack Obama seeks to portray challenger Mitt Romney as a corporate raider, and Romney seeks to define Obama as someone who doesn't understand how business works. President Obama has criticized Romney's work as a venture capitalist, highlighting companies such as AMPAD, Dade, GST Steel, and Stage on his website. In turn, Romney has criticized Obama's record in giving loans to companies like Solyndra. Here is a breakdown of 30 projects the government invested in under the Obama administration's clean energy loans program. The information from this list is taken from lpo.energy.gov, and focuses on loans made under the Section 1705 Loan Program, the Section 1703 Loan Program and the ATVM Loan Program. The numbers listed on each slide are taken from the government's figures and recent news reports. Related: To see a list of 30 investments Mitt Romney was a part of while working at Bain Capital, click here.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- New mission presidents
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 53
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Obama idea to trim college savings... 6
- No-tip restaurant offers food for... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3