30 companies the Obama administration invested in with Dept. of Energy loans
»30 items «
Two different economic philosophies are facing off in the 2012 presidential election as President Barack Obama seeks to portray challenger Mitt Romney as a corporate raider, and Romney seeks to define Obama as someone who doesn't understand how business works. President Obama has criticized Romney's work as a venture capitalist, highlighting companies such as AMPAD, Dade, GST Steel, and Stage on his website. In turn, Romney has criticized Obama's record in giving loans to companies like Solyndra. Here is a breakdown of 30 projects the government invested in under the Obama administration's clean energy loans program. The information from this list is taken from lpo.energy.gov, and focuses on loans made under the Section 1705 Loan Program, the Section 1703 Loan Program and the ATVM Loan Program. The numbers listed on each slide are taken from the government's figures and recent news reports. Related: To see a list of 30 investments Mitt Romney was a part of while working at Bain Capital, click here.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New temple presidents
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Democrats see skimpy insurance as the... 10
- Why many experts missed this: Cheap oil... 7
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 6
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3