30 companies Mitt Romney's Bain Capital invested in from 1986-1998
»30 items «
Two different economic philosophies are facing off in the 2012 presidential election as President Barack Obama seeks to portray challenger Mitt Romney as a corporate raider, and Romney seeks to define Obama as someone who doesn't understand how business works. President Obama has criticized Romney's work as a venture capitalist, highlighting companies such as AMPAD, Dade, GST Steel, and Stage on his website. In turn, Romney has criticized Obama's record in giving loans to companies like Solyndra. The information for this list is taken from a private prospectus developed by Deutsche Banc Alex in 2000, which includes the investment history of Bain Capital from 1984 through 1999 and has been posted online by The Los Angeles Times. Company profiles and information have been gathered from various online sources, and are frequently linked throughout. Employment figures come from various sources as well, including business information site hoovers.com and mittromney.com. To see a list of 30 investments the Obama administration has been a part of through the Department of Energy's Loan Programs Office, click here.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes outlast weather delay en route to 26-10...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 8
- How much America wants to be taxed 7
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5