30 companies Mitt Romney's Bain Capital invested in from 1986-1998
»30 items «
Two different economic philosophies are facing off in the 2012 presidential election as President Barack Obama seeks to portray challenger Mitt Romney as a corporate raider, and Romney seeks to define Obama as someone who doesn't understand how business works. President Obama has criticized Romney's work as a venture capitalist, highlighting companies such as AMPAD, Dade, GST Steel, and Stage on his website. In turn, Romney has criticized Obama's record in giving loans to companies like Solyndra. The information for this list is taken from a private prospectus developed by Deutsche Banc Alex in 2000, which includes the investment history of Bain Capital from 1984 through 1999 and has been posted online by The Los Angeles Times. Company profiles and information have been gathered from various online sources, and are frequently linked throughout. Employment figures come from various sources as well, including business information site hoovers.com and mittromney.com. To see a list of 30 investments the Obama administration has been a part of through the Department of Energy's Loan Programs Office, click here.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- New MTC presidents
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 96
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 36
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 26
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 24
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 21
- Obama pledges solidarity with France,... 19
- Officer charged with murder in teen's... 18
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 17