30 companies Mitt Romney's Bain Capital invested in from 1986-1998
»30 items «
Two different economic philosophies are facing off in the 2012 presidential election as President Barack Obama seeks to portray challenger Mitt Romney as a corporate raider, and Romney seeks to define Obama as someone who doesn't understand how business works. President Obama has criticized Romney's work as a venture capitalist, highlighting companies such as AMPAD, Dade, GST Steel, and Stage on his website. In turn, Romney has criticized Obama's record in giving loans to companies like Solyndra. The information for this list is taken from a private prospectus developed by Deutsche Banc Alex in 2000, which includes the investment history of Bain Capital from 1984 through 1999 and has been posted online by The Los Angeles Times. Company profiles and information have been gathered from various online sources, and are frequently linked throughout. Employment figures come from various sources as well, including business information site hoovers.com and mittromney.com. To see a list of 30 investments the Obama administration has been a part of through the Department of Energy's Loan Programs Office, click here.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 126
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 31
- Do Utah high school students need four... 28
- Health care debate about presidential... 24
- Health care signups increase to... 21
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 19