10 Utah buildings we miss
#1 - The old Salt Palace »10 of 10 «
Deseret News archives
No, this isn't the old basketball stadium. The stadium was really Salt Palace II. The convention center is Salt Palace III. The original, sprayed with salt crystals to reflect the sun, was located at 900 South between State St. and Main and burned down in 1910. It had a theater and dances were held there.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 47
- Republican, Democratic political... 45
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 24
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19