10 Utah buildings we miss
#1 - The old Salt Palace »10 of 10 «
Deseret News archives
No, this isn't the old basketball stadium. The stadium was really Salt Palace II. The convention center is Salt Palace III. The original, sprayed with salt crystals to reflect the sun, was located at 900 South between State St. and Main and burned down in 1910. It had a theater and dances were held there.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- Mormon mom battling breast cancer during...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- New mission presidents
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of the...
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in on NFL...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10