10 Utah buildings we miss
#1 - The old Salt Palace »10 of 10 «
Deseret News archives
No, this isn't the old basketball stadium. This is the original Salt Palace. Salt Palace II was an arena for sport events and concerts. The convention center is Salt Palace III. The original, sprayed with salt crystals to reflect the sun, was located at 900 South between State St. and Main and burned down in 1910. It had a theater and dances were held there.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- New mission presidents
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Son of Oregon occupier killed by police... 106
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 45
- State senator wants Utah to declare... 39
- Recent missionary killed after... 32
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16