10 Utah buildings we miss
#1 - The old Salt Palace »10 of 10 «
Deseret News archives
No, this isn't the old basketball stadium. This is the original Salt Palace. Salt Palace II was an arena for sport events and concerts. The convention center is Salt Palace III. The original, sprayed with salt crystals to reflect the sun, was located at 900 South between State St. and Main and burned down in 1910. It had a theater and dances were held there.
»10 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU Football Recruiting Roundup: Scholarship...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable if...
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term U.S....
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't that...
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars to face...
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Kasich dropping out; Trump on clear GOP path
- Girl's abduction, death leave Navajo...
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 48
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 21
- Twice-deported man arrested in Salt... 19
- Climate change and national forests:... 19
- Lake Powell pipeline debate enters new... 18