10 Utah buildings we miss
»10 items «
Deseret News archives
Utahns rightly point with pride to many of their buildings and monuments, but what about the ones that are gone? Sometimes all that remains is guilt that they were torn down (see the Social Hall Museum on State Street for example). Others are remembered in fondness (like Saltair on the Great Salt Lake). Still others are almost forgotten. Here is a sampling of some of some interesting ghosts of the past, rescued from the archives of the Deseret News by photo historian Ron Fox.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22