10 Utah buildings we miss
»10 items «
Deseret News archives
Utahns rightly point with pride to many of their buildings and monuments, but what about the ones that are gone? Sometimes all that remains is guilt that they were torn down (see the Social Hall Museum on State Street for example). Others are remembered in fondness (like Saltair on the Great Salt Lake). Still others are almost forgotten. Here is a sampling of some of some interesting ghosts of the past, rescued from the archives of the Deseret News by photo historian Ron Fox.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 55
- National, local businesses file briefs... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 19
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 18
- Judge: Biological father will share... 18