10 Utah buildings we miss
»10 items «
Deseret News archives
Utahns rightly point with pride to many of their buildings and monuments, but what about the ones that are gone? Sometimes all that remains is guilt that they were torn down (see the Social Hall Museum on State Street for example). Others are remembered in fondness (like Saltair on the Great Salt Lake). Still others are almost forgotten. Here is a sampling of some of some interesting ghosts of the past, rescued from the archives of the Deseret News by photo historian Ron Fox.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Perseverance pays off for Taele, a big...
- A year later: Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 58
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17