See which states earn the most from alcohol and tobacco taxes
»51 items «
Soda isn't the only thing under attack from governments. Many states use alcohol and tobacco taxes to raise revenue. The following is a list of which states earn the most tax revenue per person from alcohol and tobacco. The rankings are based on 2011 U.S. Census data on state tax revenue in the fourth quarter.
»51 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air... 4
- Protesters stage Wall Street climate... 2
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason... 1
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should... 1
- NASA's Maven spacecraft enters Mars orbit 1
- Apple sells more than 10 million... 1
- Q-and-A with Val Hale: a 'pretty... 1