See which states earn the most from alcohol and tobacco taxes
»51 items «
Soda isn't the only thing under attack from governments. Many states use alcohol and tobacco taxes to raise revenue. The following is a list of which states earn the most tax revenue per person from alcohol and tobacco. The rankings are based on 2011 U.S. Census data on state tax revenue in the fourth quarter.
»51 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Why the 9 to 5 factory work isn't... 14
- Higher wages a surprising success for... 11
- Saving just $4 per day can make you a... 11
- What consumers need to know about chip... 6
- Sex and violence harm rather than help... 5
- Contractor fined for employing children... 4
- Fed is likely to delay 1st rate hike in... 3