See which states earn the most from alcohol and tobacco taxes
»51 items «
Soda isn't the only thing under attack from governments. Many states use alcohol and tobacco taxes to raise revenue. The following is a list of which states earn the most tax revenue per person from alcohol and tobacco. The rankings are based on 2011 U.S. Census data on state tax revenue in the fourth quarter.
»51 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Britain has a new princess — and...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- Free agent roundup: 14 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 19
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- More Americans spending at least half... 4
- Why some handsome men have trouble... 4
- Many Salt Lake residents still balk at... 4
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 4