Major spiritual destinations of the world
Mecca »1 of 13 «
Muslim religious tradition dictates that followers pray five times a day in the direction of Mecca. Visiting Mecca is a requirement as one of the religion's "five pillars of faith." Although non-Muslims are strictly prohibited from entering Mecca, the Saudi Arabian city still gets millions of visitors each year.
»1 of 13 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 22
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 18