Here's how to get the most out of remodeling your home
»13 items «
LM Otero, Associated Press
As remodeling begins to rise among U.S. homeowners, many are not taking steps to protect themselves, according to an article on Angie's list, a website where users can find reviews on contractors. A survey from the ratings site shows that 10 percent of homeowners hired a contractor wihtout a contract in place, while 30 percent had a contract but didn't read it thoroughly. “Your house is your biggest asset. It’s your home. You should do as much as you can to avoid a hiring disaster,” Hicks said. “It’s not that hard to find great contractors, but it does require some advance work.” A study from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University shows an expected 5.6 increase in home remodeling in 2012. The following items are tips on how to get the most from your remodeling from Angie's List.
»13 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 144
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 69
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 36
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 25
- Abortion supporters get help from... 19
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs... 18