Here's how to get the most out of remodeling your home
»13 items «
LM Otero, Associated Press
As remodeling begins to rise among U.S. homeowners, many are not taking steps to protect themselves, according to an article on Angie's list, a website where users can find reviews on contractors. A survey from the ratings site shows that 10 percent of homeowners hired a contractor wihtout a contract in place, while 30 percent had a contract but didn't read it thoroughly. “Your house is your biggest asset. It’s your home. You should do as much as you can to avoid a hiring disaster,” Hicks said. “It’s not that hard to find great contractors, but it does require some advance work.” A study from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University shows an expected 5.6 increase in home remodeling in 2012. The following items are tips on how to get the most from your remodeling from Angie's List.
»13 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air... 4
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason... 1
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should... 1