Here's how to get the most out of remodeling your home
»13 items «
LM Otero, Associated Press
As remodeling begins to rise among U.S. homeowners, many are not taking steps to protect themselves, according to an article on Angie's list, a website where users can find reviews on contractors. A survey from the ratings site shows that 10 percent of homeowners hired a contractor wihtout a contract in place, while 30 percent had a contract but didn't read it thoroughly. “Your house is your biggest asset. It’s your home. You should do as much as you can to avoid a hiring disaster,” Hicks said. “It’s not that hard to find great contractors, but it does require some advance work.” A study from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University shows an expected 5.6 increase in home remodeling in 2012. The following items are tips on how to get the most from your remodeling from Angie's List.
»13 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- BYU football: Cougars generally happy with...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- Obama says health care program is stable 13
- Official: Obama to push for more... 7
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 7
- White House promotes economic issues... 5
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4