Here's how to get the most out of remodeling your home
»13 items «
LM Otero, Associated Press
As remodeling begins to rise among U.S. homeowners, many are not taking steps to protect themselves, according to an article on Angie's list, a website where users can find reviews on contractors. A survey from the ratings site shows that 10 percent of homeowners hired a contractor wihtout a contract in place, while 30 percent had a contract but didn't read it thoroughly. “Your house is your biggest asset. It’s your home. You should do as much as you can to avoid a hiring disaster,” Hicks said. “It’s not that hard to find great contractors, but it does require some advance work.” A study from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University shows an expected 5.6 increase in home remodeling in 2012. The following items are tips on how to get the most from your remodeling from Angie's List.
»13 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer treatment,...
- Nepal quake: Over 1,000 dead, history razed,...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- New mission presidents
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Utah construction companies fined,... 6
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- Why McDonald's is still a powerhouse,... 1
- US stocks waver as corporate earnings... 1