Here's how to get the most out of remodeling your home
»13 items «
LM Otero, Associated Press
As remodeling begins to rise among U.S. homeowners, many are not taking steps to protect themselves, according to an article on Angie's list, a website where users can find reviews on contractors. A survey from the ratings site shows that 10 percent of homeowners hired a contractor wihtout a contract in place, while 30 percent had a contract but didn't read it thoroughly. “Your house is your biggest asset. It’s your home. You should do as much as you can to avoid a hiring disaster,” Hicks said. “It’s not that hard to find great contractors, but it does require some advance work.” A study from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University shows an expected 5.6 increase in home remodeling in 2012. The following items are tips on how to get the most from your remodeling from Angie's List.
»13 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 40
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Trump speechwriter apologizes for... 27
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 27
- Thunderous boos for Cruz for refusing... 22