Here's how to get the most out of remodeling your home
»13 items «
LM Otero, Associated Press
As remodeling begins to rise among U.S. homeowners, many are not taking steps to protect themselves, according to an article on Angie's list, a website where users can find reviews on contractors. A survey from the ratings site shows that 10 percent of homeowners hired a contractor wihtout a contract in place, while 30 percent had a contract but didn't read it thoroughly. “Your house is your biggest asset. It’s your home. You should do as much as you can to avoid a hiring disaster,” Hicks said. “It’s not that hard to find great contractors, but it does require some advance work.” A study from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University shows an expected 5.6 increase in home remodeling in 2012. The following items are tips on how to get the most from your remodeling from Angie's List.
»13 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 6
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 4
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Eagle Mountain votes to accept Rocky... 2