Here's how to get the most out of remodeling your home
»13 items «
LM Otero, Associated Press
As remodeling begins to rise among U.S. homeowners, many are not taking steps to protect themselves, according to an article on Angie's list, a website where users can find reviews on contractors. A survey from the ratings site shows that 10 percent of homeowners hired a contractor wihtout a contract in place, while 30 percent had a contract but didn't read it thoroughly. “Your house is your biggest asset. It’s your home. You should do as much as you can to avoid a hiring disaster,” Hicks said. “It’s not that hard to find great contractors, but it does require some advance work.” A study from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University shows an expected 5.6 increase in home remodeling in 2012. The following items are tips on how to get the most from your remodeling from Angie's List.
»13 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- New mission presidents
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 205
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 165
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 79
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 59
- Romney decision not to run again... 48
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31