2011-12 Utah high school sports Gallery of State Champions
»85 items «
The high school sports season officially came to a close last Friday when the UHSAA handed out its last state championship trophy. The first trophy was handed out in early October to St. Joseph's girls tennis team, and the last was presented to Skyline's baseball team at roughly 11 p.m. last Friday following a marathon 10-inning 4A championship game. All told, there were 86 state champions crowned in sports that factor into the Deseret News All-Sports Award — which will be published in this Friday's Deseret News. Here's a recap of all 85 champions in chronological order beginning on Oct. 2 with St. Joseph's 2A girls tennis title.
»85 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29