Top 10 leaders in steals at BYU
»10 items «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Jackson Emery is a record-setting basketball pickpocket. Only Danny Ainge had more steals in a BYU uniform, and Emery will swipe Ainge's record soon. Ainge collected 195 steals by the time his college career ended in 1981. Thirty years later, Emery has 194 thefts and counting. Who has more steals per game, Ainge or Emery? Click through our list of the top 10 thieves in BYU basketball history to find the answer and other records held by Emery. Other than Emery and Ainge, only three other Cougars have managed to average 1.5 steals per game in their careers: Robbie Reid (1.52 — 94 steals in 62 games), Terrell Lyday (1.50 — 99 steals in 66 games) and Mike Hall (1.50 — 90 steals in 60 games). The only other players above 1.25 steals per game in a career that lasted more than one season are Haws (1.48) and, surprisingly, center Rafael Araujo (1.42 — 88 steals in 62 games). Others with more than 100 steals during their Cougar careers are Randy Reid (118), Mark Bigelow (116 — he holds the record for most steals in a game with nine), Ken Roberts (104) and Justin Weidauer (102).
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS university president receives national...
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28