Top 10 leaders in steals at BYU
»10 items «
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Jackson Emery is a record-setting basketball pickpocket. Only Danny Ainge had more steals in a BYU uniform, and Emery will swipe Ainge's record soon. Ainge collected 195 steals by the time his college career ended in 1981. Thirty years later, Emery has 194 thefts and counting. Who has more steals per game, Ainge or Emery? Click through our list of the top 10 thieves in BYU basketball history to find the answer and other records held by Emery. Other than Emery and Ainge, only three other Cougars have managed to average 1.5 steals per game in their careers: Robbie Reid (1.52 — 94 steals in 62 games), Terrell Lyday (1.50 — 99 steals in 66 games) and Mike Hall (1.50 — 90 steals in 60 games). The only other players above 1.25 steals per game in a career that lasted more than one season are Haws (1.48) and, surprisingly, center Rafael Araujo (1.42 — 88 steals in 62 games). Others with more than 100 steals during their Cougar careers are Randy Reid (118), Mark Bigelow (116 — he holds the record for most steals in a game with nine), Ken Roberts (104) and Justin Weidauer (102).
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 65
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 48
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 28
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says... 25