Most common department cuts colleges make to save money
»8 items «
Budget cuts are causing colleges all across the U.S. to make tough decisions about which majors and programs to keep running and which to cut back or eliminate. Some areas are more vulnerable than others due to low enrollment, costs of remaining open and government budget restrictions. Although there may be exceptions, there are generally eight areas that colleges look to first when it comes time to save cash. This list originally appeared on onlinecollege.net. Reprinted here with permission.
»8 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- New mission presidents
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 46
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 21
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 19
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17