The 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Where are they now?
»10 items «
With the May 29 win in Texas finally pushing Mitt Romney above the necessary 1,144 delegates, the former Massachusetts governor now officially stands atop a field of defeated political foes. Ron Paul is still in the race, but is not actively campaigning in the remaining primary states, while Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Buddy Roemer, Rick Perry, Jon Huntsman Jr., Michele Bachmann, Gary Johnson, Herman Cain and Tim Pawlenty have all withdrawn and endorsed Romney, or sought presidential nominations elsewhere. Here's a look at the 10 candidates Mitt Romney had to overcome to gather his delegates and where they are now.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- US judge blocks enforcement of new... 9