Dietary guidelines of some of the world's major religions
Their dietary codes categorize food based on its effects on the body. There are three food categories:
Tamasic: food that is leftover, stale, overripe or spoiled.
Rajasic: food that is believed to promote activity like spices, hot peppers and eggs.
Sattvic: food that is non-irritating to the stomach and purifying to the mind like fruits, nuts and whole grains.
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 32
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 31
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 18
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 14
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 12
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 11
- How would you describe God in just one... 11