Dietary guidelines of some of the world's major religions
Their dietary codes categorize food based on its effects on the body. There are three food categories:
Tamasic: food that is leftover, stale, overripe or spoiled.
Rajasic: food that is believed to promote activity like spices, hot peppers and eggs.
Sattvic: food that is non-irritating to the stomach and purifying to the mind like fruits, nuts and whole grains.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5