Top 10 national religion stories of 2010
#10 - SUPCO and the law »1 of 10 «
AP Photo/The Rocky Mountain News, Chris, Schneider
The U.S. Supreme Court convenes for the first time without a Protestant in its number (6 Catholics and 3 Jews). The court hears arguments in the case of the Kansas church that loudly protests at funerals of servicemen; the decision will be handed down this spring. The court earlier allows a cross to remain at least temporarily on National Park land in the Mojave Desert, but then the cross is stolen.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 32
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 29
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 10
- Senate averts shutdown fears; Democrats... 9
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 8
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 7