Top 10 national religion stories of 2010
#10 - SUPCO and the law »1 of 10 «
AP Photo/The Rocky Mountain News, Chris, Schneider
The U.S. Supreme Court convenes for the first time without a Protestant in its number (6 Catholics and 3 Jews). The court hears arguments in the case of the Kansas church that loudly protests at funerals of servicemen; the decision will be handed down this spring. The court earlier allows a cross to remain at least temporarily on National Park land in the Mojave Desert, but then the cross is stolen.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No. 23 in...
- Ziggy Ansah helps homeless man after he was...
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6 seasons, but...
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite again for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 51
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Officials: No threat of Islamic State... 12
- Putin: Russia to focus on new offensive... 10