Top 10 national religion stories of 2010
#10 - SUPCO and the law »1 of 10 «
AP Photo/The Rocky Mountain News, Chris, Schneider
The U.S. Supreme Court convenes for the first time without a Protestant in its number (6 Catholics and 3 Jews). The court hears arguments in the case of the Kansas church that loudly protests at funerals of servicemen; the decision will be handed down this spring. The court earlier allows a cross to remain at least temporarily on National Park land in the Mojave Desert, but then the cross is stolen.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 117
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 108
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 105
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 67
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 32
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 30
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 29