Top 10 national religion stories of 2010
»10 items «
AP Photo/The Rocky Mountain News, Chris, Schneider
The top religion stories of 2010, according to members of the Religion Newswriters Association, involved controversies over Islam: plans to build an Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero in New York, and a Florida pastor's announcement that he would burn copies of the Qur'an in protest on Sept. 11. Journalists who participated in the survey voted Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the leading proponent of the Manhattan mosque, as 2010's Religion Newsmaker of the Year. The results are based on an online survey of more than 300 journalists.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 10