Top 10 national religion stories of 2010
»10 items «
AP Photo/The Rocky Mountain News, Chris, Schneider
The top religion stories of 2010, according to members of the Religion Newswriters Association, involved controversies over Islam: plans to build an Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero in New York, and a Florida pastor's announcement that he would burn copies of the Qur'an in protest on Sept. 11. Journalists who participated in the survey voted Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the leading proponent of the Manhattan mosque, as 2010's Religion Newsmaker of the Year. The results are based on an online survey of more than 300 journalists.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23