Top 10 national religion stories of 2010
»10 items «
AP Photo/The Rocky Mountain News, Chris, Schneider
The top religion stories of 2010, according to members of the Religion Newswriters Association, involved controversies over Islam: plans to build an Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero in New York, and a Florida pastor's announcement that he would burn copies of the Qur'an in protest on Sept. 11. Journalists who participated in the survey voted Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the leading proponent of the Manhattan mosque, as 2010's Religion Newsmaker of the Year. The results are based on an online survey of more than 300 journalists.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on...
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 29
- Senate Democrats choose election... 20
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 19
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 18
- Supreme Court sides with Wyoming... 16
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 14
- Obama economists: Rosier picture if... 14
- Utah among states wrestling with... 10