Top 10 national religion stories of 2010
»10 items «
AP Photo/The Rocky Mountain News, Chris, Schneider
The top religion stories of 2010, according to members of the Religion Newswriters Association, involved controversies over Islam: plans to build an Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero in New York, and a Florida pastor's announcement that he would burn copies of the Qur'an in protest on Sept. 11. Journalists who participated in the survey voted Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the leading proponent of the Manhattan mosque, as 2010's Religion Newsmaker of the Year. The results are based on an online survey of more than 300 journalists.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 49
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 24
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza... 23
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP... 19
- Despite crush of children, illegal... 16
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 14