Historical women of faith
Esther »1 of 10 «
Mosaic Art Source
Israel's Queen Esther lived around 450 B.C. ruling alongside the Persian King Xerxes while the Jews were held captive in Babylon. Although she was Jewish, she was chosen as queen from among the most beautiful women in the kingdom. She played a pivotal role in exposing corruption among the king's leadership, at the risk of her own life.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Behold Thy Mother'
- New apostles testify of Jesus Christ during...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- New LDS apostles already have presence on...
- Reasons for Travis Wilson's confidence:...
- Complete transcript of press conference with...
- Defending the Faith: Did Joseph Smith... 38
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund... 35
- Unique LDS family doctrine still drives... 31
- 3 new LDS apostles will be 98th, 99th,... 25
- Clerk jailed over gay marriage says... 24
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment... 21
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Church History Museum reopens after... 13