Utah's women bloggers are top in the nation
»7 items «
Allison Czarnecki, Petit Elefant
Utah's female blogger population is a growing demographic. Sometimes referred to as "mom, or even mommy, bloggers" — a nickname most of these college-educated, politically active and environmentally conscious writers shun — this group of women has a lot to say, and people are reading it. According to a national survey, 14 percent of all American mothers with at least one child in their household blog about parenting or turn to blogs for advice. As of May 2012, 35 percent of blog-reading or -writing moms in the U.S. were located in the state of Utah, beating the next closest state by 12 percent. While most of Utah's women bloggers won't see any national recognition, some have gotten exactly that, landing book deals and speaking engagements and invitations to the White House. Here's a look at a few of the top Utah female bloggers.
»7 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20