Deseret News photos of the year for 2010
»10 items «
Mike Terry, Deseret News
For many, 2010 was a year of tragedy and loss. But as the photos collected in this list and in a larger gallery here show, the spirit of Utah is one of resilience and strength. Over the past year, Deseret News photographers captured Utahns in some of their most difficult and triumphant moments — from the day in January when local nurse Elizabeth Howell carried a 4-year-old boy to a hospital for surgery in Haiti after the devastating earthquakes there, to the day the boys of Alta High celebrated their 5A basketball state title. What all of these pictures have in common, whether documenting disappointment or joy, is the beauty of the human spirit.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill doesn't...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- Do Utah high school students need four... 30
- India government likely to review... 25
- Health care debate about presidential... 24
- What you think of welfare program... 24
- Health care signups increase to... 23