Deseret News photos of the year for 2010
»10 items «
Mike Terry, Deseret News
For many, 2010 was a year of tragedy and loss. But as the photos collected in this list and in a larger gallery here show, the spirit of Utah is one of resilience and strength. Over the past year, Deseret News photographers captured Utahns in some of their most difficult and triumphant moments — from the day in January when local nurse Elizabeth Howell carried a 4-year-old boy to a hospital for surgery in Haiti after the devastating earthquakes there, to the day the boys of Alta High celebrated their 5A basketball state title. What all of these pictures have in common, whether documenting disappointment or joy, is the beauty of the human spirit.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- One thing that changed my view of marriage...
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- Rock On: Next Utah college coach to leave is ...
- Mormon humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari, family...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but will...
- Sen. Mike Lee: Let people, not courts, define...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 60
- House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to... 29
- Yellowstone supervolcano is super big,... 24
- American, Italian hostages killed in US... 22
- Clinton Foundation admits missteps in... 16
- Clinton Foundation acknowledges... 16
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 14
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11