Deseret News photos of the year for 2010
»10 items «
Mike Terry, Deseret News
For many, 2010 was a year of tragedy and loss. But as the photos collected in this list and in a larger gallery here show, the spirit of Utah is one of resilience and strength. Over the past year, Deseret News photographers captured Utahns in some of their most difficult and triumphant moments — from the day in January when local nurse Elizabeth Howell carried a 4-year-old boy to a hospital for surgery in Haiti after the devastating earthquakes there, to the day the boys of Alta High celebrated their 5A basketball state title. What all of these pictures have in common, whether documenting disappointment or joy, is the beauty of the human spirit.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU Football Recruiting Roundup: Scholarship...
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars to face...
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable if...
- Girl's abduction, death leave Navajo...
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term U.S....
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain lost weight
- Lake Powell pipeline debate enters new phase
- Utah agrees not enforce obscenity law... 13
- Rolling Stones ask Trump to stop... 6
- Official: Utah teacher violated policy... 6
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- Dan Wells talks about right, wrong in... 1
- Utah Symphony gets standing ovation at... 1
- Former Prince assistant says he was... 0
- Cosby tries again to delay criminal... 0