The top 10 stories of 2010 according to Deseret News and KSL readers and viewers
#9 - Ronnie Lee Gardner is executed »2 of 10 «
During an escape attempt at a Salt Lake courthouse April 2, 1985, Gardner killed attorney Michael Burdell and seriously wounded bailiff Nick Kirk. Sentenced to die, he was on death row for more than two decades before being executed this summer. Given a choice of execution methods, he selected the firing squad.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- These simple changes can make your family so...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 35
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 26
- Utah basketball: No. 14 Runnin' Utes... 18