The top 10 stories of 2010 according to Deseret News and KSL readers and viewers
#9 - Ronnie Lee Gardner is executed »2 of 10 «
During an escape attempt at a Salt Lake courthouse April 2, 1985, Gardner killed attorney Michael Burdell and seriously wounded bailiff Nick Kirk. Sentenced to die, he was on death row for more than two decades before being executed this summer. Given a choice of execution methods, he selected the firing squad.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon mom, Mrs. Mexico, sticks to her...
- Silent star: Detroit Lions rookie Ziggy Ansah...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Doug Robinson: Best and worst of the college...
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 106
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 104
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 83
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 73
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 59
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 52
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill... 51
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars fine-tuning... 42