The top 10 stories of 2010 according to Deseret News and KSL readers and viewers
#9 - Ronnie Lee Gardner is executed »2 of 10 «
During an escape attempt at a Salt Lake courthouse April 2, 1985, Gardner killed attorney Michael Burdell and seriously wounded bailiff Nick Kirk. Sentenced to die, he was on death row for more than two decades before being executed this summer. Given a choice of execution methods, he selected the firing squad.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Ranking the best season by a running back in...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 110
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 87
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Utes fill three future football... 64
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 54
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU... 54
- Can BYU put together a special season? 46
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 33