The 2012 Cougar Club Y Award winners
»24 items «
Commemorating a year of new beginnings and great athletic achievements, Brigham Young University honored the hard work of its athletes and coaches in the annual Y Awards celebration Tuesday in the Wilkinson Center. During the 2011-2012 season, BYU achieved six conference championship titles in three conferences. The Cougars left their mark as the newest members of the West Coast Conference with five teams finishing in the top three in league competition. In its first season as an independent, BYU football achieved a 10-3 record with an Armed Forces Bowl victory. With 32 All-American and 25 Academic All-American citations, the Cougars showed new audiences their commitment to quality performance in sports and in the classroom. BYU athletes have also garnered 175 all-conference awards and 166 academic all-conference awards in the last year.
»24 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 50
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 19
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 9
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 8