The 2012 Cougar Club Y Award winners
»24 items «
Commemorating a year of new beginnings and great athletic achievements, Brigham Young University honored the hard work of its athletes and coaches in the annual Y Awards celebration Tuesday in the Wilkinson Center. During the 2011-2012 season, BYU achieved six conference championship titles in three conferences. The Cougars left their mark as the newest members of the West Coast Conference with five teams finishing in the top three in league competition. In its first season as an independent, BYU football achieved a 10-3 record with an Armed Forces Bowl victory. With 32 All-American and 25 Academic All-American citations, the Cougars showed new audiences their commitment to quality performance in sports and in the classroom. BYU athletes have also garnered 175 all-conference awards and 166 academic all-conference awards in the last year.
»24 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 69
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 50
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 42
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 32
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 27
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26