Memorable events at the Provo Tabernacle
#9 - Celebrations/ Special Occasions »2 of 10 «
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
From Provo's New Year's Eve celebrations to International Ice Carving Competitions, the Provo Tabernacle has been the site for many different types of celebrations, including a major gathering place during the 2002 Olympic Winter Games, when Provo hosted Olympic hockey games at the Peaks Ice Arena. Pictured here in 2001 is a press conference held to announce Tabernacle Park as the venue for the 2002 International Ice Carving Competition.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 160
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17