Memorable events at the Provo Tabernacle
»10 items «
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
The blaze that consumed the Provo Tabernacle on Friday, December 17, didn't just destroy one of Utah's oldest and most historic structures, it destroyed one of Utah's most significant meetinghouses, one of Utah's most celebrated gathering places. Since it's dedication in 1898, the Provo Tabernacle has been the venue for many historic events. Latter-Day Saint prophets, U.S. presidents and eminent scholars have come to the Tabernacle to give speeches and presentations. But the Provo Tabernacle was also a place where schoolchildren sang, community members were honored in funerals, and people of various faiths met to pray. The Tabernacle was not only a grand building to behold, it was a grand place to come together. Here is a look at some of events hosted at the Provo Tabernacle through the years.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- Perseverance pays off for Taele, a big...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may have just...
- BYU football notebook: Running back position...
- A year later: Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may... 54
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17