Memorable events at the Provo Tabernacle
»10 items «
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
The blaze that consumed the Provo Tabernacle on Friday, December 17, didn't just destroy one of Utah's oldest and most historic structures, it destroyed one of Utah's most significant meetinghouses, one of Utah's most celebrated gathering places. Since it's dedication in 1898, the Provo Tabernacle has been the venue for many historic events. Latter-Day Saint prophets, U.S. presidents and eminent scholars have come to the Tabernacle to give speeches and presentations. But the Provo Tabernacle was also a place where schoolchildren sang, community members were honored in funerals, and people of various faiths met to pray. The Tabernacle was not only a grand building to behold, it was a grand place to come together. Here is a look at some of events hosted at the Provo Tabernacle through the years.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 21
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 12
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 11