Memorable events at the Provo Tabernacle
»10 items «
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
The blaze that consumed the Provo Tabernacle on Friday, December 17, didn't just destroy one of Utah's oldest and most historic structures, it destroyed one of Utah's most significant meetinghouses, one of Utah's most celebrated gathering places. Since it's dedication in 1898, the Provo Tabernacle has been the venue for many historic events. Latter-Day Saint prophets, U.S. presidents and eminent scholars have come to the Tabernacle to give speeches and presentations. But the Provo Tabernacle was also a place where schoolchildren sang, community members were honored in funerals, and people of various faiths met to pray. The Tabernacle was not only a grand building to behold, it was a grand place to come together. Here is a look at some of events hosted at the Provo Tabernacle through the years.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 52
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 27
- Chase with alleged shoplifters ends in... 17
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 17