Memorable events at the Provo Tabernacle
»10 items «
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
The blaze that consumed the Provo Tabernacle on Friday, December 17, didn't just destroy one of Utah's oldest and most historic structures, it destroyed one of Utah's most significant meetinghouses, one of Utah's most celebrated gathering places. Since it's dedication in 1898, the Provo Tabernacle has been the venue for many historic events. Latter-Day Saint prophets, U.S. presidents and eminent scholars have come to the Tabernacle to give speeches and presentations. But the Provo Tabernacle was also a place where schoolchildren sang, community members were honored in funerals, and people of various faiths met to pray. The Tabernacle was not only a grand building to behold, it was a grand place to come together. Here is a look at some of events hosted at the Provo Tabernacle through the years.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 77
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 35
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 31
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 24
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22