Memorable events at the Provo Tabernacle
»10 items «
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
The blaze that consumed the Provo Tabernacle on Friday, December 17, didn't just destroy one of Utah's oldest and most historic structures, it destroyed one of Utah's most significant meetinghouses, one of Utah's most celebrated gathering places. Since it's dedication in 1898, the Provo Tabernacle has been the venue for many historic events. Latter-Day Saint prophets, U.S. presidents and eminent scholars have come to the Tabernacle to give speeches and presentations. But the Provo Tabernacle was also a place where schoolchildren sang, community members were honored in funerals, and people of various faiths met to pray. The Tabernacle was not only a grand building to behold, it was a grand place to come together. Here is a look at some of events hosted at the Provo Tabernacle through the years.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- Journalists criticize Obama... 37
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23