Memorable events at the Provo Tabernacle
»10 items «
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
The blaze that consumed the Provo Tabernacle on Friday, December 17, didn't just destroy one of Utah's oldest and most historic structures, it destroyed one of Utah's most significant meetinghouses, one of Utah's most celebrated gathering places. Since it's dedication in 1898, the Provo Tabernacle has been the venue for many historic events. Latter-Day Saint prophets, U.S. presidents and eminent scholars have come to the Tabernacle to give speeches and presentations. But the Provo Tabernacle was also a place where schoolchildren sang, community members were honored in funerals, and people of various faiths met to pray. The Tabernacle was not only a grand building to behold, it was a grand place to come together. Here is a look at some of events hosted at the Provo Tabernacle through the years.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Republican, Democratic political... 43
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 30
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 21
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19