Memorable events at the Provo Tabernacle
»10 items «
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
The blaze that consumed the Provo Tabernacle on Friday, December 17, didn't just destroy one of Utah's oldest and most historic structures, it destroyed one of Utah's most significant meetinghouses, one of Utah's most celebrated gathering places. Since it's dedication in 1898, the Provo Tabernacle has been the venue for many historic events. Latter-Day Saint prophets, U.S. presidents and eminent scholars have come to the Tabernacle to give speeches and presentations. But the Provo Tabernacle was also a place where schoolchildren sang, community members were honored in funerals, and people of various faiths met to pray. The Tabernacle was not only a grand building to behold, it was a grand place to come together. Here is a look at some of events hosted at the Provo Tabernacle through the years.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 48
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 27
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 16
- Firing squads could be legal again in Utah 16