Five gaffes from the 2012 presidential campaign
Rick Perry and the "Oops" »1 of 5 «
YouTube captured the debate moment where Texas Gov. Rick Perry forgot one of the government departments he was pushing to cut, prompting him to utter, "oops." Pundits would use the "oops" moment to criticize Perry's entire campaign after he dropped out of the presidential race on January 19. Ben Philpott and Emily Ramshaw of The Texas Tribune called it the "oops heard around the cable news world." At the Washington Post, Dan Balz called Perry's run an "oops campaign never ready for prime time."
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 49
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 24
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza... 24
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP... 20
- Despite crush of children, illegal... 16
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 14