Five gaffes from the 2012 presidential campaign
Rick Perry and the "Oops" »1 of 5 «
YouTube captured the debate moment where Texas Gov. Rick Perry forgot one of the government departments he was pushing to cut, prompting him to utter, "oops." Pundits would use the "oops" moment to criticize Perry's entire campaign after he dropped out of the presidential race on January 19. Ben Philpott and Emily Ramshaw of The Texas Tribune called it the "oops heard around the cable news world." At the Washington Post, Dan Balz called Perry's run an "oops campaign never ready for prime time."
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 91
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 29
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 12
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- VP Joe Biden: More access to higher ed... 10
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 9