Five gaffes from the 2012 presidential campaign
Rick Perry and the "Oops" »1 of 5 «
YouTube captured the debate moment where Texas Gov. Rick Perry forgot one of the government departments he was pushing to cut, prompting him to utter, "oops." Pundits would use the "oops" moment to criticize Perry's entire campaign after he dropped out of the presidential race on January 19. Ben Philpott and Emily Ramshaw of The Texas Tribune called it the "oops heard around the cable news world." At the Washington Post, Dan Balz called Perry's run an "oops campaign never ready for prime time."
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- LDS sister missionaries assaulted in Chile
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Britain has a new princess — and...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- Free agent roundup: 14 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- After historic arguments, Supreme Court... 62
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Religious liberty issues dog Supreme... 44
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'I am... 40
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 38
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 23