Five gaffes from the 2012 presidential campaign
Rick Perry and the "Oops" »1 of 5 «
YouTube captured the debate moment where Texas Gov. Rick Perry forgot one of the government departments he was pushing to cut, prompting him to utter, "oops." Pundits would use the "oops" moment to criticize Perry's entire campaign after he dropped out of the presidential race on January 19. Ben Philpott and Emily Ramshaw of The Texas Tribune called it the "oops heard around the cable news world." At the Washington Post, Dan Balz called Perry's run an "oops campaign never ready for prime time."
»1 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Woman serving as LDS Church missionary in...
- Newlywed viral Star Wars couple: 'The Force...
- Utah family changes course because of child's...
- Dick Harmon: With historic hoops coaching...
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- Doug Robinson: College football is out of...
- U. professor competes on 'American Ninja...
- Why your grocery bill could be going up soon
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- In Hiroshima, Obama honors 'silent cry'... 25
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only... 18
- Trump: Those in US illegally treated... 18
- Trump tells California 'there is no... 17
- On cutting-edge voter data, Trump... 14
- Origins of key Clinton emails from... 13