20 things more likely to happen than winning the Mega Millions lottery
»20 items «
Mike Catalano, chairman of the mathematics department at Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell, S.D., discusses the odds of winning in lottery games with his students to show how unlikely it is. He calculates winning a huge lottery to be roughly 1 in 176 million - and gets worse the more tickets are purchased. "You're about 50 times as likely to get struck by lightening as to win the lottery, based on the 90 people a year getting struck by lightening," Catalano said. "Of course, if you buy 50 tickets, you've equalized your chances of winning the jackpot with getting struck by lightning." Interesting. I couldn't help wonder what else might be more likely than winning the lottery. The answers were amusing and even a little alarming. Related: What you could do with $310 million? Here's a guide'
»20 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Morning links: National college football...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 39
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Trump speechwriter apologizes for... 27
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 26
- Thunderous boos for Cruz for refusing... 22
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22