A complete list of Mormon temples
Temples play a central role in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
They are used for the faith's highest and most sacred ordinances, such as marriage and making covenants with God to be more like Jesus Christ. Ordinances for the deceased are also performed in temples, including baptisms for the dead.
There are 144 temples in operation around the world, with another 34 either under construction or in the planning stages at this time.
New temples are typically announced at the church's general conferences, held semiannually in April and October.
For more information on LDS temples, see the church's official website.
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- New mission presidents
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- More than 2,500 confirmed dead in Nepal...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Ground broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple
- BYU offense looking to move the ball, put up...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting... 106
- Defending the Faith: Warfare and the... 63
- Spiritual journey leads 3-term U.S.... 51
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 29
- 5 professional athletes who stand up... 22
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Faith leaders call for religious... 17
- The best (and worst) countries for... 16