A complete list of Mormon temples
Temples play a central role in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
They are used for the faith's highest and most sacred ordinances, such as marriage and making covenants with God to be more like Jesus Christ. Ordinances for the deceased are also performed in temples, including baptisms for the dead.
There are 144 temples in operation around the world, with another 34 either under construction or in the planning stages at this time.
New temples are typically announced at the church's general conferences, held semiannually in April and October.
For more information on LDS temples, see the church's official website.
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 7
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6