A complete list of Mormon temples
Temples play a central role in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
They are used for the faith's highest and most sacred ordinances, such as marriage and making covenants with God to be more like Jesus Christ. Ordinances for the deceased are also performed in temples, including baptisms for the dead.
There are 143 temples in operation around the world, with another 27 either under construction or in the planning stages at this time.
New temples are typically announced at the church's general conferences, held semiannually in April and October.
For more information on LDS temples, see the church's official website.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 114
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 108
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 48
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 36
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 28
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- California orders churches, others to... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14