A complete list of Mormon temples
Temples play a central role in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are used for weddings, known as sealings, and a religious ordinance known as the endowment where individuals are taught the purpose of life and the mission and atonement of Jesus Christ, whom Latter-day Saints (Mormons) worship as the son of God. Ordinances for the deceased are also performed in temples, including baptism for the dead as taught in the New Testament.
There are 142 temples in operation around the world, with another 28 either under construction or in the planning stages at this time.
New temples are typically announced at the church's general conferences, held bi-annually in April and October.
For more information on LDS temples, see the church's official website.Take this quiz in order test your knowledge of the temples in the Western United States.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50