A complete list of Mormon temples
»170 items «
Temples play a central role in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are used for weddings, known as sealings, and a religious ordinance known as the endowment where individuals are taught the purpose of life and the mission and atonement of Jesus Christ, whom Latter-day Saints (Mormons) worship as the son of God. Ordinances for the deceased are also performed in temples, including baptism for the dead as taught in the New Testament. There are more than 136 temples in operation around the world, with another 30 either under construction or in the planning stages at this time. New temples are typically announced at the church's general conferences, held bi-annually in April and October. For more information on LDS temples, see the church's official website.
»170 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
Most Commented Across Site
- Dan Liljenquist: Chaffetz's search for... 79
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 66
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 61
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 60
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 58