A complete list of Mormon temples
»170 items «
Temples play a central role in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are used for weddings, known as sealings, and a religious ordinance known as the endowment where individuals are taught the purpose of life and the mission and atonement of Jesus Christ, whom Latter-day Saints (Mormons) worship as the son of God. Ordinances for the deceased are also performed in temples, including baptism for the dead as taught in the New Testament. There are more than 136 temples in operation around the world, with another 30 either under construction or in the planning stages at this time. New temples are typically announced at the church's general conferences, held bi-annually in April and October. For more information on LDS temples, see the church's official website.
»170 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
Most Commented Across Site
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 113
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Letters: No welfare, ever 63
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 52
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 40