A complete list of Mormon temples
Temples play a central role in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
They are used for the faith's highest and most sacred ordinances, such as marriage and making covenants with God to be more like Jesus Christ. Ordinances for the deceased are also performed in temples, including baptisms for the dead.
There are 144 temples in operation around the world, with another 34 either under construction or in the planning stages at this time.
New temples are typically announced at the church's general conferences, held semiannually in April and October.
For more information on LDS temples, see the church's official website.
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- No playoffs again, but rebuilding Utah Jazz...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 62
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- Are church youth dances outdated? 50
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 37
- Jerry Earl Johnston: The Founding... 25
- 5 faith facts about Marco Rubio:... 14
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 13