A complete list of Mormon temples
Temples play a central role in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
They are used for the faith's highest and most sacred ordinances, such as marriage and making covenants with God to be more like Jesus Christ. Ordinances for the deceased are also performed in temples, including baptisms for the dead.
There are 143 temples in operation around the world, with another 27 either under construction or in the planning stages at this time.
New temples are typically announced at the church's general conferences, held semiannually in April and October.
For more information on LDS temples, see the church's official website.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- 11 things you should know about the... 91
- The latest developments on religious... 44
- General Women's Session focuses on... 34
- The challenges and blessings of... 34
- State bills to protect religious... 27
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 20
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 16