Anniversary of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami
Punishing waves »2 of 40 «
In this March 11, 2011 photo released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), tsunami waves approach tanks of heavy oil for the Unit 5 reactor of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear complex in Okuma town, Fukushima Prefecture, northeastern Japan. Just four days after a meeting by Japan's government regulators and utility officials about a worst-case scenario, the towering tsunami swept across the plant, destroying backup generators, sending reactors into meltdown and setting off the world's nuclear disaster since Chernobyl.
»2 of 40 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 49
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 24
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza... 23
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP... 19
- Despite crush of children, illegal... 16
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 14