Anniversary of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami
Punishing waves »2 of 40 «
In this March 11, 2011 photo released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), tsunami waves approach tanks of heavy oil for the Unit 5 reactor of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear complex in Okuma town, Fukushima Prefecture, northeastern Japan. Just four days after a meeting by Japan's government regulators and utility officials about a worst-case scenario, the towering tsunami swept across the plant, destroying backup generators, sending reactors into meltdown and setting off the world's nuclear disaster since Chernobyl.
»2 of 40 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain lost weight
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,...
- Girl's abduction, death leave Navajo...
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican...
- Orem real estate manager indicted in...
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars to face...
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican... 75
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 48
- White House: Obama not offended by... 28
- Kasich calls for balance on gay rights,... 23
- Kasich dropping out, AP sources say;... 20
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive... 19
- Trump virtually clinches Republican... 18
- Trump, Clinton all but certain to face... 18