Anniversary of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami
Punishing waves »2 of 40 «
In this March 11, 2011 photo released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), tsunami waves approach tanks of heavy oil for the Unit 5 reactor of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear complex in Okuma town, Fukushima Prefecture, northeastern Japan. Just four days after a meeting by Japan's government regulators and utility officials about a worst-case scenario, the towering tsunami swept across the plant, destroying backup generators, sending reactors into meltdown and setting off the world's nuclear disaster since Chernobyl.
»2 of 40 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- New mission presidents
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 46
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 21
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 19
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17