Anniversary of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami
Punishing waves »2 of 40 «
In this March 11, 2011 photo released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), tsunami waves approach tanks of heavy oil for the Unit 5 reactor of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear complex in Okuma town, Fukushima Prefecture, northeastern Japan. Just four days after a meeting by Japan's government regulators and utility officials about a worst-case scenario, the towering tsunami swept across the plant, destroying backup generators, sending reactors into meltdown and setting off the world's nuclear disaster since Chernobyl.
»2 of 40 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has recovered...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza... 25
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 21
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- After government topples crosses in... 16
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13