Salt Lake Magazine's Dining Awards winners
»28 items «
Salt Lake Magazine's Dining Awards, organized by the publication's food and dining editor Mary Malouf, are considered the Oscar Awards for the local dining scene. A good share of this year's winners have only been in business a few years, such as Copper Onion, J. Wong's Bistro, Frida Bistro and Pago. But the event also honored veteran restaurateurs, such as Lifetime Achievement Award winner Karen Olson. Her restaurant, Metropolitan, had a stellar 15-year run in downtown Salt Lake City before closing last August. Olson was credited with raising the bar for Utah dining and spearheading what has become the annual Downtown Dine O'Round. "The baton is passed," said Olson. "I will be here in a decade and a half after you put in your 15 years, and we can toast to you as well." Best Restaurant in Salt Lake City (as well as Best Italian Restaurant) went to Fresco Italian Cafe, which has won numerous awards in the past. Amber Billingsley of Vinto was named Best Pastry Chef. Billingsley, who has worked her sweet-tooth magic in a number of Utah restaurants, said, "The main reason I am standing here is because of all the chefs I have worked with in the past who taught and inspired me." Here's the list of award-winners.
»28 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 89
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 58
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 49
- The latest developments on religious... 44
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 42
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 42
- Indiana lawmakers try to quiet... 40