Salt Lake Magazine's Dining Awards winners
»28 items «
Salt Lake Magazine's Dining Awards, organized by the publication's food and dining editor Mary Malouf, are considered the Oscar Awards for the local dining scene. A good share of this year's winners have only been in business a few years, such as Copper Onion, J. Wong's Bistro, Frida Bistro and Pago. But the event also honored veteran restaurateurs, such as Lifetime Achievement Award winner Karen Olson. Her restaurant, Metropolitan, had a stellar 15-year run in downtown Salt Lake City before closing last August. Olson was credited with raising the bar for Utah dining and spearheading what has become the annual Downtown Dine O'Round. "The baton is passed," said Olson. "I will be here in a decade and a half after you put in your 15 years, and we can toast to you as well." Best Restaurant in Salt Lake City (as well as Best Italian Restaurant) went to Fresco Italian Cafe, which has won numerous awards in the past. Amber Billingsley of Vinto was named Best Pastry Chef. Billingsley, who has worked her sweet-tooth magic in a number of Utah restaurants, said, "The main reason I am standing here is because of all the chefs I have worked with in the past who taught and inspired me." Here's the list of award-winners.
»28 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him to...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day
- Dick Harmon: Nike designing a shoe...
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare system...
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive pits...
- BYU football: What you need to know about...
- 'Vampire trucker' admits to holding women for...
- House Republicans' report faults Obama... 54
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 38
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35