A look at G- and PG-rated movies nominated for Best Picture since 1986
»18 items «
Since the Motion Picture Association of America implemented the PG-13 rating in the mid-1980s, few Oscar nominations have been forthcoming for G- and PG-rated films in the Best Picture category. This year, "Hugo" is the only PG movie nominated for Best Picture, and since 1986, few years have boasted more than one G or PG nominated film. From 1997 to 2004, there were none. Here is a look at G- and PG-rated Best Picture nominations to date.
»18 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
Most Commented Across Site
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 71
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66