The most memorable U.S. medal moments of the 2002 Winter Olympics
»13 items «
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Competing in Utah gave U.S. Athletes the kind of home field advantage they needed to permanently etch a place for winter sports in the hearts and minds of Americans. Still reeling from the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, the country devoured the feel-good stories of the athletes who battled the world for Olympic glory in heart of the Wasatch Mountains. In 2002, the U.S. Olympic team won a record-setting 34 medals, nearly two and a half times as many as the country had earned in 1998. They shattered world records, capped comebacks and overcame odds to stand for one moment on a podium and be recognized for their achievements. Here are some of the most memorable medal moments from the 2002 Winter Olympics.
»13 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?