Searching for the next Jimmer Fredette in college basketball
Damian Lillard, Weber State »2 of 6 «
Game-wise, the Wildcats junior point guard is probably a little closer to Fredette than McDermott. At 6-foot-3, he's only an inch shorter than the Jimmer, he plays in Utah and has a gift for putting the ball in the basket, albeit with a bit more explosiveness. Lillard does have a little different background; he came from inner-city Oakland, Calif., while Fredette was in Hometown USA, Glen Falls, N.Y. He still puts up Jimmer-like numbers, dropping 41 points against San Jose State, 36 against powerful Saint Mary's. Lillard doesn't shoot a lot, but is one of the best in the nation at getting to the free-throw line, where he shoots nearly 91 percent, and is hitting 45 percent from beyond the arc while leading the nation at 25.1 points per game.
»2 of 6 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Biskupski calls for resignations of nearly...
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- Ex-EFY counselor sent to prison for sex with...
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37