Searching for the next Jimmer Fredette in college basketball
Damian Lillard, Weber State »2 of 6 «
Game-wise, the Wildcats junior point guard is probably a little closer to Fredette than McDermott. At 6-foot-3, he's only an inch shorter than the Jimmer, he plays in Utah and has a gift for putting the ball in the basket, albeit with a bit more explosiveness. Lillard does have a little different background; he came from inner-city Oakland, Calif., while Fredette was in Hometown USA, Glen Falls, N.Y. He still puts up Jimmer-like numbers, dropping 41 points against San Jose State, 36 against powerful Saint Mary's. Lillard doesn't shoot a lot, but is one of the best in the nation at getting to the free-throw line, where he shoots nearly 91 percent, and is hitting 45 percent from beyond the arc while leading the nation at 25.1 points per game.
»2 of 6 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS First Presidency announces changes to...
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents child...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- New temple presidents
- Former Speaker Boehner calls Cruz 'Lucifer in...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 80
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 17
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 15
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12