Searching for the next Jimmer Fredette in college basketball
Damian Lillard, Weber State »2 of 6 «
Game-wise, the Wildcats junior point guard is probably a little closer to Fredette than McDermott. At 6-foot-3, he's only an inch shorter than the Jimmer, he plays in Utah and has a gift for putting the ball in the basket, albeit with a bit more explosiveness. Lillard does have a little different background; he came from inner-city Oakland, Calif., while Fredette was in Hometown USA, Glen Falls, N.Y. He still puts up Jimmer-like numbers, dropping 41 points against San Jose State, 36 against powerful Saint Mary's. Lillard doesn't shoot a lot, but is one of the best in the nation at getting to the free-throw line, where he shoots nearly 91 percent, and is hitting 45 percent from beyond the arc while leading the nation at 25.1 points per game.
»2 of 6 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- New mission presidents
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25