Searching for the next Jimmer Fredette in college basketball
Doug McDermott, Creighton »1 of 6 «
The guy once known as Harrison Barnes' high school teammate may get more attention in player-of-the-year consideration than the North Carolina All-American. Playing under his father, Greg, McDermott has been a score-in-bunches type of player for the 15th-ranked Bluejays. The sophomore doesn't see the comparison with Jimmer and has a point — to a point. Fredette was a guard who took what would seem like crazy shots off the dribble and from unthinkable distances, while McDermott is a 6-foot-7 forward who works his finesse game around the rim. Still, McDermott does score a lot — he's third nationally with 23.2 points per game — and has a mid-major team climbing through the rankings, just like the Jimmer.
»1 of 6 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Morning links: National college football...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at Republican...
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this...
- West Antelope fire grows to 8,000 acres
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 51
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 51
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37