Searching for the next Jimmer Fredette in college basketball
Doug McDermott, Creighton »1 of 6 «
The guy once known as Harrison Barnes' high school teammate may get more attention in player-of-the-year consideration than the North Carolina All-American. Playing under his father, Greg, McDermott has been a score-in-bunches type of player for the 15th-ranked Bluejays. The sophomore doesn't see the comparison with Jimmer and has a point — to a point. Fredette was a guard who took what would seem like crazy shots off the dribble and from unthinkable distances, while McDermott is a 6-foot-7 forward who works his finesse game around the rim. Still, McDermott does score a lot — he's third nationally with 23.2 points per game — and has a mid-major team climbing through the rankings, just like the Jimmer.
»1 of 6 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 39
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25