Top ten most valuable brands
»10 items «
Their logos are everywhere. But branding is more than just a hip logo like Nike's swoosh or Shell's shell. It is more than the name of the company. Forbes explains it is the intangible perceptions people have about the product. "Put simply, your 'brand' is what your prospect thinks of when he or she hears your brand name," Forbes reported. "It's everything the public thinks it knows about your name brand offering — both factual (e.g. It comes in a robin's-egg-blue box) and emotional (e.g. It's romantic). Your brand name exists objectively; people can see it. It's fixed. But your brand exists only in someone's mind." And yet, theses intangible perceptions have a value — some are worth billions of dollars. Every year Interbrand ranks brands by looking at how much profit companies make off the strength of their brand. Interbrand looks at many factors — such as the brand's future strength and how much the brand creates demands — to come up with a dollar value of the brand. Here are Interbrand's latest rankings of the top 10 global brands. Other links: See a poster with the top 100 brands as chosen by Interbrand. Tech brands dominate top global brands list
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 8
- How much America wants to be taxed 7
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5