Top ten issues of the 2012 election cycle
Balanced budgets »1 of 10 «
According to usdebtclock.org, the national debt is now more than $15.2 trillion. There seems to be little dispute that large deficits and debts are unsustainable and little agreement in how to bring the budget back into balance. Conservatives call for cutting spending, particularly spending on entitlement programs, while liberals want the wealthy to pay higher taxes to cover the deficits.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs... 17
- Obama administration wants to give... 15
- The lie behind the idea that ‘sex... 15
- Abortion supporters get help from... 13
- Obama to extend college Pell grants to... 12
- Sanders rallies supporters in... 11
- Clinton charity donors surge amid... 11