Top ten issues of the 2012 election cycle
Balanced budgets »1 of 10 «
According to usdebtclock.org, the national debt is now more than $15.2 trillion. There seems to be little dispute that large deficits and debts are unsustainable and little agreement in how to bring the budget back into balance. Conservatives call for cutting spending, particularly spending on entitlement programs, while liberals want the wealthy to pay higher taxes to cover the deficits.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 15
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14
- Is saying the Pledge of Allegiance... 14