Social Entrepreneurs in Utah
Mentors International »1 of 10 «
Co-founded by BYU professor Warner Woodworth in 1990, Mentors International as of June 2011 has lifted over 2.4 million individuals in developing countries like the Philippines, Peru and Guatemala from the cycle of poverty. Donations fund small loans, which the recipient receives, along with training. The loan is then repaid, and that money provides loans for others. A total of $42,129,787 has been loaned out with a 97% repayment rate.
See it here.
See it here.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2