Social Entrepreneurs in Utah
Mentors International »1 of 10 «
Co-founded by BYU professor Warner Woodworth in 1990, Mentors International as of June 2011 has lifted over 2.4 million individuals in developing countries like the Philippines, Peru and Guatemala from the cycle of poverty. Donations fund small loans, which the recipient receives, along with training. The loan is then repaid, and that money provides loans for others. A total of $42,129,787 has been loaned out with a 97% repayment rate.
See it here.
See it here.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a repeat...
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 8
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 7
- UTOPIA mayors looking for alternative... 5
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 4
- California push to avert higher gas... 3
- 10 things to know about corporate... 3