Social Entrepreneurs in Utah
Mentors International »1 of 10 «
Co-founded by BYU professor Warner Woodworth in 1990, Mentors International as of June 2011 has lifted over 2.4 million individuals in developing countries like the Philippines, Peru and Guatemala from the cycle of poverty. Donations fund small loans, which the recipient receives, along with training. The loan is then repaid, and that money provides loans for others. A total of $42,129,787 has been loaned out with a 97% repayment rate.
See it here.
See it here.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Utah case highlights painful challenges...
- Get all your outdoors work done by... 13
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 5
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Historic solar flight marks first... 1
- Why workers aren't taking vacation... 1
- 5 things to do when quitting your job 1
- Panel recommends options to reduce... 1
- Judge set to decide on $15B Volkswagen... 0