Social Entrepreneurs in Utah
Mentors International »1 of 10 «
Co-founded by BYU professor Warner Woodworth in 1990, Mentors International as of June 2011 has lifted over 2.4 million individuals in developing countries like the Philippines, Peru and Guatemala from the cycle of poverty. Donations fund small loans, which the recipient receives, along with training. The loan is then repaid, and that money provides loans for others. A total of $42,129,787 has been loaned out with a 97% repayment rate.
See it here.
See it here.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Robots will replace 50% of today's... 13
- White House: Immigration steps would... 7
- Imbibing in Utah grows with population,... 7
- What's next for dead malls? 5
- Looming chocolate drought may leave... 5
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 4