Social Entrepreneurs in Utah
Mentors International »1 of 10 «
Co-founded by BYU professor Warner Woodworth in 1990, Mentors International as of June 2011 has lifted over 2.4 million individuals in developing countries like the Philippines, Peru and Guatemala from the cycle of poverty. Donations fund small loans, which the recipient receives, along with training. The loan is then repaid, and that money provides loans for others. A total of $42,129,787 has been loaned out with a 97% repayment rate.
See it here.
See it here.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- Why you should begin planning for... 9
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- The middle class has had a rough couple... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2
- For business, more women in charge... 1