Social Entrepreneurs in Utah
Mentors International »1 of 10 «
Co-founded by BYU professor Warner Woodworth in 1990, Mentors International as of June 2011 has lifted over 2.4 million individuals in developing countries like the Philippines, Peru and Guatemala from the cycle of poverty. Donations fund small loans, which the recipient receives, along with training. The loan is then repaid, and that money provides loans for others. A total of $42,129,787 has been loaned out with a 97% repayment rate.
See it here.
See it here.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor about an...
- Trial ordered for politician accused of...
- Brooklyn's bed: Parents of 4-year-old brain...
- BYU, Utah State football programs receive...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Elder Rasband offers counsel, blessing to...
- Love won't go to GOP national convention
- Family of scholars: Utah family celebrates...
- Trial ordered for politician accused of... 6
- Costco begins new credit card agreement 4
- Emery County defrauded out of nearly... 4
- GOP gubernatorial candidate Jonathan... 4
- Yellen faces GOP criticism over weak... 3
- Michelle Singletary: Should you replace... 3
- What Costco shoppers should know about... 3
- Delta pilots picket for better pay in... 3